Edaptive Computing, Inc.
1245-G Lyons Road
Dayton, OH 45458
Software and Process Quality Assurance Engineer
As a member of the Software and Process Quality Assurance team, the SPQA engineer will be responsible for assuring quality of Edaptive’s products and processes across the software development lifecycle. Primary duties will include:
• Perform audits of software development and project management processes using standard process descriptions and requirements
• Identify issues in process compliance and collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues
• Provide insight to process improvement team members on potential process improvements
• Perform formal tests of products using existing test scripts and specifications to ensure that systems meet quality standards and conform to requirements.
• Develop Test Plans which identify functional testing areas.
• Write Test Scripts and Test reports for specific product testing.
• Review requirements documents and design specifications for completeness, consistency, and clarity.
• Review user documentation for accuracy, completeness and consistency.
• Maintain software testing environment through build installation, server configuration, and general product configuration.
Full time with competitive benefits package.
BS Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2-3 year's experience in software development, testing, or related discipline. Consideration may be given to relevant professional level experience as an offset to the formal education requirement.
• Must have knowledge of Software Quality Assurance practices and the ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
• Must demonstrate an attention to detail and the organizational skills to test, retest and record problems and ensure that they have been corrected.
• Proficient writing and interpersonal skills are needed to gather information and communicate results of work to associates.
Enhancing Skills and Abilities:
• Experience developing and implementing software quality programs, which include tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training.
• Experience with the any or all of the following is preferred:
• Experience with CMMI-DEV 1.3 is preferred.
• Experience with standards like ISO9000, and IEEE SW Standards is desirable.
• Familiarity and/or certification with Software Quality Engineer Certification - Body of Knowledge are also a bonus.
Submission Instructions (Non-complying submissions will not be considered):
Reference Software and Process Quality Assurance Test Engineer in all correspondence
Eligibility for a Security Clearance is required
Resumes must be 3 pages or less and provide description of how qualifying technologies were used. You may also submit a one page cover letter (optional but desired) stating your career objectives and how your qualifications and interest align with our requirements.
You must complete the applicant profile by clicking Apply Here at the bottom of the page. The process for submitting all information is not complete until you hit the submit button.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Edaptive Computing Inc., you need to apply on-line using our electronic application. If, due to a disability, you need assistance in completing the on-line application, contact the Edaptive's Human Resources Department at (937) 433 - 0477. Please indicate the specific assistance needed. Note: This option is reserved for those with disabilities only.